Growing and glowing aren’t always easy — nobody tells you the amount of pain you have to go through to get where you’re at. Growing up, I always struggled with my mental and physical health but what kept me going was the motivation to make environmental art. Here are 9 tips that help me glow and grow.
- Drink lots of water and eat food — your body is a temple and it takes care of you every day so make sure you are eating enough.
- Make art! Do you like photography? videography? writing? drawing? modeling? sewing? Well then, its time you start a project for yourself and dedicate atleast one hour a week for this. Plan out your inspirations, write it all out, and brainstorm what you want to do.
- Practice self reflection whenever you have time, I usually do it every night before I go to sleep. How do I feel? Why did I act this way? etc.
- Surround yourself with people who want to empower, challenge, and love you for who you are.
- Journal down a list of goals you want to achieve whether it be in a paper or even iPhone/ Andorid Notes (i.e yearly goals, monthly, weekly, or even daily goals)!
- Call a friend and ask them how they are doing, I realized after graduating college that friendships work bothways of being able to contact each other and meeting up!
- Go Thrift Shopping (if you have some money), not only do you shop for yourself but you are also buying recycled clothes. Need a list of Bay Area thrift stores that are resonable pricing? Hit me up!
- If you have access to any green spaces, utilize them! Whether it be walking around for a few minutes, gardening, or even taking a nap it helps improve your mental well-being.
- Practice saying ‘no’ when you want time for yourself. This is a big one, especially because I am usually a person that wants to say yes to everyone but then I realized that my own well-being matters too.
What are some of your self practicing tips that help your own well-being? Share in the comments below!